Navigating the regulatory landscape of global markets is a complex and challenging task. Partner with UL to access the expertise, resources and services that will enable you to reach your target markets more quickly and cost effectively.
UL’s global compliance expertise will help you navigate the complex regulatory world.
UL has its own accredited laboratories and offices throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia so you can work with UL experts locally to help you obtain the required certifications and approvals. UL will leverage local know-how in all of your destination markets. We provide the holistic compliance solution, with services and support that spans multiple regulations across the entire compliance process.
Working with UL also allows you to take advantage of streamlined service paths through UL’s participation in global certification schemes, such as the CB Scheme. This often means you can gain the certifications or approvals required by different countries without the need for retesting or working with multiple organizations.
UL’s regulatory compliance offerings for the consumer and retail services industry include:
- Identifying applicable requirements for your specific product or technology feature to comply with current regulations in safety, EMC, wireless, energy efficiency, etc.
- Providing pre-compliance testing during the design and development phase to determine compliance
- Assistance in completion of applications and other required forms
- Testing in our accredited labs or your qualified facilities to issue CB Test Report and Certificate with applicable national differences and other test reports for wireless, energy efficiency, etc.
- Handling the entire submittal process including working with local testing and certification organizations
- Arranging for initial factory inspections required before certification issuance
- Coordinating verification testing on qualified products as needed
- Facilitating and expediting project progress with support of UL’s local team and/or partner
- Supporting renewal maintenance of certificates as needed
- Translating User manuals when needed
With comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements impacting consumer product performance, construction and composition, UL’s team of quality assurance experts help develop testing programs for a wide range of regulations including:
- The European Union regulation on chemicals and their safe use (REACH)
- Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive
- China’s mandatory textiles and apparels standard (GB 18401)
UL is accredited by:
ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ACLASS)
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
The China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS)
The California Medical Association (CMA)
The Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS)
Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Additionally, UL is registered with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited laboratory for CPSIA third-party testing.